Corona Virus is real and it has killed over two thousand people since its outbreak was first reported in Wuhan, a city in China. Ever since its outbreak, cases have been reported in many countries except Nigeria. However, on the 27th of February, 2020, an Italian national who flew into Nigeria tested positive to the virus, raising heightened concerns and panic in some parts of the country.
Since the reported case of the presence of the virus in Nigeria, the ministry of health has provided steps to prevent evrybody from getting infected by the virus.
- Follow us on these:
- Twitter: @OfficialHNNews
- Facebook: HappeningnowNews
These steps include:
1. Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water, and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
2. Maintain at least 1 & half metres (5 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
3. Persons with persistent cough or sneezing should stay home or keep a social distance, but not mix in-crowd.
4. Make sure you and people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene, meaning cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or into your sleeve at the bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
5. Stay home if you feel unwell with symptoms like fever, cough and difficulty in breathing. Please call NCDC toll free number which is available day and night, for guidance- 0800-970000-10. Do not engage in self-medication.
6. Stay informed on the latest developments about COVID-19 through official channels on TV and Radio, including the Lagos State Ministry of Health, NCDC and Federal Ministry of Health.
Citizens must not abuse social media and indulge in spreading misinformation that causes fear and panic. The Federal Ministry of Health, through Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, will continue to provide updates and will initiate all measures required to prevent the spread of any outbreak in Nigeria.