…says his death was a rude shock, major loss

The Senator representing Bayelsa West in the National Assembly, Senator Henry Seriake Dickson, has mourned the sudden death of the National Welfare Officer of the All Progressives Congress, Mr. FN Nwosu.

Nwosu died at the age of 63 in an Abuja Hospital on Thursday.

Dickson and his wife, Dr. Rachael, were among the earliest visitors to the Nwosu’s family at his Gwarimpa residence to condole with the grieving widow and other family members.

He said that he received a distress call about the deterioration of Nwosu’s health and rushed to Garki Hospital, Abuja where he was confirmed dead.

He recalled that the late Nwosu was his colleague in the police; classmate in the Rivers State University of Science and Technology and the Nigerian law School.

He added that they were also colleagues in the legal profession and was indeed his Senior Legislative Aide when he was in the Federal House of Representatives.

He described the late Nwosu as “a good friend and dependable ally and faithful brother.”

The former Bayelsa Governor said that a committee of friends would be set up to give a befitting burial to the late politician and lawyer.

“It was with a rude shock and sadness that I received a distress call about the sudden deterioration of the health condition of my colleague, friend and brother, Sir F.N Nwosu, whom I fondly called FN.

“I rushed in the morning to Garki General hospital where his remains was in my presence moved in and confirmed dead.

“I actually led a resuscitation attempt after which the doctors reported that it was no longer possible.

“We made arrangements for the corpse to be laid in the morgue and I returned home sad and broken.

“My wife and I just visited his wife and children to commiserate, pray and also assure them that though FM is no more, they won’t be left alone but will continue to have a father in me.

“Nwosu was a good friend and brother, a dependable ally and faithful brother.

“I intend to put together a committee of his friends and will continue to liaise with the family to ensure he is properly buried and to also ensure that his legacy of friendship, continues to live long after his departure.

“He has worked hard in his lifetime. He was my colleague in the Nigerian Police; he was my law school classmate, and we have remained together ever since until yesterday.

“Only God Almighty knows why He had to call him home yesterday and so suddenly without any notice.

“My family mourns his passing, the passing of a good and loyal friend.

“We pray God to comfort his young widow and children who are now my children too. We also pray God to grant the soul of this loyal brother and friend eternal repose,” he said.

Facebook Comments